Full course description
IMPORTANT: Please note that CEUs offered in this course are the same that were offered in 2021 Agritech Tailgate event. Accordingly, no more CEUs will be offered if you acquired them in the in-person event.
Please contact Wael Elwakil (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about this course.
Check the latest research updates on strawberry crop production, fertility, breeding, and pest management as of April 2021.
CEUs are available for this course.
Topics and presenters information:
1. Thrips Management in Strawberries. (Dr. Sriyanka Lahiri, Assistant Professor of Entomology and Nematology).
2. Fumigation in Strawberry. (Dr. Nathan Boyd, Associate Center Director and Associate Professor of Horticulture/Weed Science).
3. Strawberry Nematode Research. (Dr. Johan Desaeger, Assistant Professor of Entomology and Nematology).
4. New Strawberry Varieties and Breeding for Neopestalotiopsis Resistance. (Dr. Vance Whitaker, Associate Professor of Horticulture).
5. Rye Grass Alternative for Neopestalotiopsis Management.
6. Recent Findings Understanding the Biology and Management of Neopestalotiopsis on Strawberry. (Dr. Natalia Peres, Professor of Plant Pathology).
7. Postharvest Performance of The New Strawberry Varieties (Medallion & Florida Pearl) Compared to Commercial Standards. (Dr. Cecilia Nunes, Associate Professor at the University of South Florida, Department of Cell Biology, Microbiology and Molecular Biology, Tampa, USA).
8. Improving Strawberry Varieties Using New Breeding Techniques. (Dr. Seonghee Lee, Assistant Professor of Horticulture).
9. Monitoring Wetness of Strawberry Plants Using Color and Thermal Imaging for The Strawberry Advisory System (SAS). (Dr. Won Suk “Daniel” Lee, Professor, Machine Vision and Precision Agriculture).
10. Strawberry Cultural Practices and Fertility Management. (Dr. Shinsuke Agehara, Assistant Professor of Horticulture).